Tuesday, December 11, 2007

'Tis the season.
Well, I managed to be semi-productive today though not nearly as focused as I would have liked. And after a long day of pretending to be busy I have poisoned myself with fermented Juniper berries . I am pretty easily distracted as well as amused so channel surfing is my best sport.
It being the holiday season there are any number of holiday claymations to remind me of my mis-spent youth. I like to sit in front of the TV with a guitar in my hands and work through the melodies of anything that comes to mind. Mostly I zone out and pay no serious attention to either TV or guitar...however...tonight there is an especially bizarre program on that I have some vague memory of but feels like an acid flashback. This program is none other than "The Life and Adventures of Santa Clause" If you have seen or experienced this one you know exactly what I'm talking about because it is the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life. And that is saying a lot! This baby is a Claymation festival produced by the same people that produced the standard fare in christmas claymation:Rankin-Bass. Its so freakin weird I don't know where to begin. Its Dark and Sci-fi and full of scary monsters that mug Clause and a counsil of immortals and something called the great Ak who has a rack of antlers like to make Falstaff laugh. And cute green-skinned elf girls and ...well... You just got to see this to believe it. Three-eyed monsters with red mohawks and furry gorilla-bats. I high-ly recommend you down a couple of huge martinis and pop this one in the dvd player if you can't find it on the cable. I promise this baby won't let you down!
peace-out
p-didn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_and_Adventures_of_Santa_Claus

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089488/

PS
Ok so I did some more investigation into this and found out that this is based on the L Frank Baum book of the same name. Think Wizard of Oz. Ohhhhh
It's still damn freakish.

No comments: